Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How to Make a Novel a Reality

How to Make a Novel a Reality


1. Write it! (no brainer, just do it, now)

2. Edit (Yay! This step bites...)

3. Have your Mom read it and tell you it is the best book ever written.

4. Have a real critic read it and give feedback.

5. Edit some more...

6. Start sending queries (At least 8 at a time. My first try, I sent ONE and actually got a contract!)

7. Wait

8. Wait some more (File your nails, get a massage, eat chocolate, read, read...)

9. Sign with a publisher or self publish (SCORE!)

10. Start the process all over again...

And this, my dear friends, is where I am at. My publisher is editing and I am waiting. The release of my YA, One Prince; Two Kingdoms, is set for some time this fall. In the meantime, I am creating websites, Facebook pages, and twitters to build a platform. (Tomorrow I will post 10 easy steps to Twitter.) Feel free to email me at janasgrissom@gmail.com with any questions. I claim to know NOTHING...

Until then, I promise to update the steps once my book is in print. I am sure you will hear me squealing from afar! Good luck to you all in the brave endeavor of A Novel Reality!

*Check out my brand new website: https://sites.google.com/site/1prince2kingdoms/

No comments:

Post a Comment