Monday, April 8, 2013


                                                 

Thank you to http://viewsofanoptimist.blogspot.com/ for this Liebster Award! 
I am honored to be a part of this prestigious group.

Eleven Facts about me:

1. I married my high school sweetheart!
2. I have two teenagers and one Chihuahua.
3. I love chocolate!
4. This fall my first novel, One Prince; Two Kingdoms, will be released. Woohoo!!!
5. I am a seventh grade Science teacher.
6. Love to hike!
7. Enjoy thinking of and creating the unknown in my writing.
8. I want to visit every state in the US.
9. I want to visit every country!
10. I was a foster parent for 4 years until my heart could not take any more loss. (I still have all 8 of my foster kids’ pictures in my living room!)
11. Love reading thrillers, fantasy, paranormal, Sci-Fi, and romance.

My answers to the 11 questions from http://viewsofanoptimist.blogspot.com

1.      Comedy, Reality TV, or Drama? Reality TV!

2.      Cat or dog? Dog (allergic to cats)

3.      Hilltop or valley bottom? Hilltop views rock!

4.      Coffee or tea? Texas Sweet Tea (My son makes the BEST with over 2 cups of sugar. I know it’s unhealthy but it is good.)

5.      Do you have an artistic routine?  Ie: do you create an outline or scratch illustration first? First, imagine it. Second, start an outline by writing down thoughts in order. Last, I start writing by putting myself into the POV of the main character. Oh yeah, then I edit. Yuck

6.      How long have you been pursuing this artistic venue? 5 months

7.      Is this your first Liebster Award?  Yes!!!

8.      How many blogging sites do you typically participate with? I just started and still haven't learned the ropes yet. I am following a lot and trying to participate. 

9.      What was the impetus to pursue writing/photography/prose? (I have always written better than I could speak.) My family decided to foster a few years ago. Our first sibling group was removed from a volatile gang area out of Dallas, Texas and placed in our home. Every night, the little boy and girl would have horrible nightmares of abuse and murder. They would scream and I would run to console them. Knowing how effective the imagination is, I started writing them a bedtime story about an imaginary world where their foster parents, the Grissom's, were powerful celestials sent to foster/protect them. In this world, there is dark and light kingdoms battling for their foster brother, Johnny Boggs, to be their Prince. Every night, we would cuddle up in the hallway for story time and read about Johnny Boggs. My foster kids' nightmares ceased as the story grew and grew until becoming my first complete YA novel; One Prince; Two Kingdoms

10.  Which artistic venue is your second choice? Singing






The newest Liebster Award nominees are:
   *drum roll*  




Nominees; here are your 11 questions:

                1.      Where were you born?
                2.      What is your favorite restaurant?
                3.      Do you believe in angels?
                4.      Are you a Troglodyte or Celestial? (The quiz is on my blog.)
                5.      How many people are in your family?
                6.      When do you find time to blog?
                7.      Who do you want to be like when you grow up?
                8.   What is your best tip for new bloggers?
                9.      Is anything better than chocolate?
               10.     What is the first thing that comes to your mind when I say; cheese?
               11.  What is your favorite childhood memory?



Congratulations to you all! Pass it on…


  These are the Liebster Rules:

  1. The Liebster is given to bloggers by bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

  2. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself / herself.

  3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger.

  4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post.
  5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.

  6. Go back to their pages and tell them they’ve been nominated.

  7. No tag backs.

1 comment: